Tips for Utilizing Roadside Assistance
Before purchasing online car insurance, you need to assess you and your families’ needs so that you select options that will keep you financially and physically safe.
One of the options that you have available to you as an add-on to your online auto insurance policy is roadside assistance. While some may view roadside assistance as an unnecessary extra, most people find themselves in at least one situation that would require roadside assistance some time in their life.
What Is Roadside Assistance? The most fundamental form or roadside assistance will allow you, with one phone call, to get help were you to run out of gas or break down on the side or the road for whatever reason. With roadside assistance, you could have access to help such as roadside repairs (changing a flat tire, transporting a gallon of gas to you, refastening a loose wire in your engine) or towing to a station within a specified distance, free of charge. Depending on how much you travel by car, having this kind of assistance at your disposal can be quite a stress-reliever as well as save you substantial money in the long run.
Tips When Stranded Roadside Whether your car is reliable or not, chances are there will come a time that you will be stranded on the side of the road. In this case, if you opted for carrying roadside assistance when choosing an online auto insurance policy it will take a lot of the stress and possible expense off of your shoulders. However, you should still be aware of and take the proper safety precautions when stranded roadside.
• First and foremost, prepare for the worst. Taking proper precautionary measure before you take a road trip will save you a lot of stress and keep you protected in the case of breakdown. – Pack your car with an emergency kit – Know basic car repair (how to check change a tire, check a car battery and fluids)
• If you are in a remote area when your car breaks down, stay with your vehicle – especially in extreme weather. An automobile is easier to find than a single, solitary person.
• Conserve water. This is especially important if you are in a desert or hot area. Also, remain in the shade. If there is no shade available, get under your car. In extremely hot areas, hiking even a few miles without water could kill you and the water in your car’s radiator is not safe to drink. It is mixed with ethylene glycol, which is toxic when consumed.
• If you are in a cold climate, and you are running the car’s motor, be sure that the exhaust is not coming into the car. Clear any debris or snow away from your car’s tailpipe. Keep your ears open. If your car engine is making more noise than usual, your exhaust may have a leak in it, which increases the risk of toxic gases seeping into the vehicle and poisoning you.
• Make yourself visible to rescuers. You can do this by opening the hood of your vehicle, sweeping the snow off of your car or waving both arms overhead when a plane passes.
• If someone stops and offers you help, try to find a group of people, or a family, who can help you, and steer clear of single men.
No matter where you are stranded, what kind of online auto insurance policy you have at your back, or how well you have prepared for any roadside mishap, there is no substitute for keeping your cool. Call 911 if there is an emergency. If you do not have a cell phone, make a sign that instructs passersby to call 911 for you.
To find affordable online car insurance, CarInsuranceQuotes.com can help. You can peruse our site, any time of day or night, to find the cheapest online auto insurance policy that will suit you and your families needs. We’ll find you an assortment of quotes in a few minutes; from established insurance companies you recognize and trust.